When it comes to choosing the right Office 365 plan for your business, it’s crucial to consider both the price and features each plan offers. With a range of options available, finding the perfect fit can be a daunting task. However, understanding the differences between the various plans can help you make an informed decision that aligns with your company’s needs and budget.
One of the primary factors that sets Office 365 apart from other productivity suites is its flexibility. With a variety of plans to choose from, you can select the one that best suits your organization’s size and requirements. Whether you’re a small business owner or need enterprise-level features, there’s a plan designed with you in mind.
Office 365 plans offer a wealth of features that enhance collaboration, productivity, and security. From email and calendar management to file storage and sharing, these plans provide a comprehensive suite of tools to streamline your workflow. Additionally, many plans include access to popular applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, ensuring that you have everything you need to create and edit documents seamlessly.
Office 365 Pricing
There are several different plans available for Office 365, each with its own unique features and pricing options. Whether you’re an individual looking for personal use or a business looking to maximize productivity, there is a plan that will meet your needs.
For businesses, Office 365 offers a range of plans to accommodate different sizes and requirements. The Business Basic plan is the most affordable option, providing access to web and mobile versions of Office apps, email hosting, and 1 TB of OneDrive storage. The Business Standard plan adds desktop versions of Office apps, Teams, and Exchange email hosting.
For larger organizations, the Office 365 Enterprise plans offer enhanced security features and more robust collaboration tools. The E1 plan includes online versions of Office apps, email hosting, and 1 TB of OneDrive storage. The E3 plan adds desktop versions of Office apps, Teams, and advanced security features. The E5 plan includes all the features of E3, plus advanced analytics and voice capabilities.
|Web and mobile versions of Office apps, email hosting, 1 TB storage
|$5 per user/month
|Desktop versions of Office apps, Teams, Exchange email hosting, 1 TB storage
|$12.50 per user/month
|Online versions of Office apps, email hosting, 1 TB storage
|$8 per user/month
|Desktop versions of Office apps, Teams, advanced security features, 1 TB storage
|$20 per user/month
|All features of E3, plus advanced analytics and voice capabilities
|$35 per user/month
These are just a few examples of the plans available for Office 365. Depending on your needs, there may be additional options to choose from. It’s important to consider both the features and pricing when selecting a plan to ensure you’re getting the best value for your investment.
Office 365 Features
Office 365 offers a range of powerful features that help enhance productivity and collaboration within organizations. Here are some of the key features of Office 365:
- Access to Office applications: O365 provides access to a full suite of Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and more. Users can install these applications on multiple devices and enjoy the latest features and updates.
- Cloud storage and file sharing: With OneDrive, users can store their files in the cloud and access them from anywhere, on any device. OneDrive also allows for easy file sharing and collaboration, so users can work together on documents in real-time.
- Email and calendar: O365 includes Outlook, which offers a professional email solution with advanced features such as shared calendars, contacts, and tasks. Users can also access their email and calendar on the go with mobile devices.
- Team collaboration: O365 provides tools like SharePoint and Microsoft Teams that facilitate team collaboration and communication. Users can create team sites, share documents, and collaborate seamlessly on projects.
- Online meetings and video conferencing: With Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams, users can conduct online meetings, webinars, and video conferences. These tools offer features like screen sharing, recording, and integration with other Office applications.
- Business intelligence: O365 includes Power BI, a powerful tool for creating interactive reports and dashboards. Users can connect to various data sources, analyze data, and gain insights to make data-driven decisions.
- Security and compliance: Office 365 incorporates robust security features to protect data and ensure compliance with industry regulations. It includes features like data encryption, multifactor authentication, and data loss prevention.
- Mobile apps: O365 offers mobile apps for iOS and Android devices, allowing users to access their files, emails, and collaborate on the go. These apps provide a seamless experience and ensure productivity even when users are away from their desks.
- Integration with other apps and services: Office 365 integrates with a range of apps and services, such as Dynamics 365, PowerApps, and Flow. This enables users to streamline workflows, automate tasks, and enhance productivity across different platforms.
These are just some of the many features that make Office 365 a comprehensive and versatile solution for organizations of all sizes.
Office 365 Business Plans
Office 365 offers several business plans designed to meet the needs of small to large organizations. These plans provide access to a range of productivity tools and services, including email, file storage, collaboration tools, and more.
1. Office 365 Business Essentials
The Office 365 Business Essentials plan is ideal for businesses that require email and file storage solutions. This plan includes access to email hosting with a custom domain, online Office apps, and 1 TB of file storage per user. It also includes real-time collaboration tools, such as Microsoft Teams, SharePoint Online, and Yammer. This plan does not include the full desktop versions of the Office applications.
2. Office 365 Business Premium
The Office 365 Business Premium plan is a comprehensive solution that offers all the features included in the Office 365 Business Essentials plan, along with the desktop versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher. This plan is suitable for businesses that need both online and offline access to the Office applications.
- Includes all the features of Office 365 Business Essentials
- Provides access to the desktop versions of Office applications
- Allows installation of Office applications on up to 5 PCs/Macs per user
- Offers advanced security features, such as data loss prevention and rights management
Note: Office 365 Business plans are designed for organizations with up to 300 users. For larger enterprises, Microsoft offers enterprise plans with additional features and scalability options.
With Office 365 Business plans, businesses can enhance their productivity and collaboration capabilities while ensuring the security and reliability of their data. Choose the plan that aligns with your organization’s requirements and start maximizing your team’s productivity with o365 today!
Office 365 Enterprise Plans
Office 365 offers a range of enterprise plans tailored to meet the needs of businesses of all sizes. These plans provide access to a suite of productivity tools and services designed to enhance collaboration, communication, and productivity within organizations.
Enterprise E1 Plan
The Enterprise E1 plan is the most basic version of the enterprise plans available. It includes online versions of Office apps such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as email hosting with a 50 GB mailbox per user. It also offers important collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and Yammer.
Enterprise E3 Plan
The Enterprise E3 plan is a more comprehensive version that includes all the features of the E1 plan. In addition, it provides desktop versions of Office apps, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. It also offers advanced data loss prevention, encryption, and rights management capabilities to help protect sensitive information.
Furthermore, the E3 plan includes enhanced features for collaboration and communication, such as audio conferencing and cloud-based voicemail integration. It also provides advanced analytics capabilities with Power BI Pro and eDiscovery tools to help organizations better manage and analyze their data.
Office 365 Education Plans
Office 365 offers a range of plans tailored specifically for educational institutions, providing them with the power and flexibility of the o365 suite of productivity tools. The education plans include the following features:
1. Office 365 A1
- Free for eligible educational institutions
- Online versions of Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote
- 1 TB of OneDrive storage
- Email and calendaring with Exchange Online
2. Office 365 A3
- Includes all the features of Office 365 A1
- Additional advanced features, including the desktop versions of Office applications
- Intelligent enterprise search with Microsoft Search
- Classroom tools with Microsoft Teams and OneNote
With these education plans, educational institutions can empower their students and faculty with the latest tools and technologies, enhancing collaboration, communication, and creativity within the learning environment. The o365 education plans provide a cost-effective solution for educational institutions, offering a comprehensive suite of productivity tools to support teaching, learning, and administration.
Office 365 Nonprofit Plans
Office 365 offers nonprofit organizations a range of plans tailored to meet their specific needs. These nonprofit plans provide access to essential productivity and collaboration tools, helping organizations streamline their operations and empower their teams. Here are some of the key features and benefits of Office 365 nonprofit plans:
1. Office 365 Business Essentials
- Access to online versions of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Email hosting with a 50 GB mailbox and custom email domain.
- 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage per user.
- Microsoft Teams for chat, meetings, and file sharing.
- SharePoint for intranet sites and content management.
- Yammer for social networking and collaboration.
2. Office 365 Business Premium
- All the features of Office 365 Business Essentials.
- Desktop versions of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, and Access.
- Business-class email with a 50 GB mailbox and custom email domain.
- Microsoft Bookings for appointment scheduling.
- MileIQ for mileage tracking.
- Advanced security and compliance features.
These nonprofit plans enable organizations to enhance their productivity and collaboration, while also benefiting from the security and compliance features of Office 365. By choosing the right plan, nonprofit organizations can maximize their impact and achieve their mission more effectively.
Office 365 Government Plans
Microsoft offers a range of Office 365 plans specifically designed for government organizations and agencies. These plans provide the same productivity and collaboration tools as standard Office 365 plans, but with additional security and compliance features to meet the unique needs of government agencies.
Government Community Cloud (GCC)
The Government Community Cloud (GCC) plan is designed for U.S. federal, state, local, and tribal government organizations. It includes advanced security and compliance features, such as data encryption, threat management, and data loss prevention. GCC is compliant with U.S. government security guidelines, including FedRAMP High. This plan is ideal for government organizations that require stringent security measures and regulatory compliance.
Government Community Cloud High (GCC High)
The Government Community Cloud High (GCC High) plan offers the highest level of security and compliance for U.S. federal agencies and organizations that handle controlled unclassified information (CUI) and other sensitive data. GCC High meets U.S. DoD Level 4 and ITAR requirements and has additional safeguards, such as specialized personnel screening and physical access restrictions. This plan is suitable for government agencies that deal with highly sensitive information and need the highest level of protection.
Both the GCC and GCC High plans include the core Office 365 applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote, as well as cloud-based services like SharePoint and Teams. These plans also provide advanced security features, such as multi-factor authentication and threat intelligence, to help protect against cyber threats. Additionally, these plans include compliance features, such as eDiscovery and legal hold, to assist with regulatory and legal requirements.
By choosing an Office 365 Government plan, government organizations can benefit from the power of cloud-based productivity tools while maintaining the highest level of security and compliance. These plans offer the necessary features and controls to help government agencies better serve their constituents and protect sensitive information.
Office 365 Personal Plan
The Office 365 Personal Plan is designed for individuals who want access to the powerful productivity tools offered by Microsoft Office 365. This plan offers a range of features and benefits that can enhance your productivity and collaboration.
- Access to the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage to store and access your files from anywhere.
- Ability to install Office apps on one PC or Mac, one tablet, and one smartphone.
- Collaborate with others in real-time using built-in co-authoring features.
- Use Office Online to create, edit, and share documents from your web browser.
When comparing the Office 365 Personal Plan to other Office 365 plans, it’s important to consider your individual needs and requirements. The Personal Plan is ideal for individuals who need access to Office applications on multiple devices and want the convenience of cloud storage for their files. However, if you need advanced features like email hosting for your own domain or additional collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams, you may want to consider other plans like the Office 365 Business Premium or the Office 365 Enterprise E3 plan.
Overall, the Office 365 Personal Plan offers a comprehensive set of tools and features at an affordable price, making it a great choice for individuals who want to boost their productivity and stay connected on the go.
Office 365 Home Plan
The Office 365 Home Plan is designed for families and households who want to take advantage of the full range of Microsoft Office applications and services. With this plan, you can install the Office suite on up to five PCs or Macs, five tablets, and five smartphones, allowing everyone in your household to have access to the tools they need.
Features of the Office 365 Home Plan
- Full Suite of Office Applications: The Office 365 Home Plan includes the latest versions of popular applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. These applications can be installed and used locally on your devices or accessed online through a web browser.
- 1TB of OneDrive Cloud Storage: Each user of the Office 365 Home Plan gets 1 terabyte of cloud storage on OneDrive. This allows you to store and access your files from anywhere, and you can share files and collaborate with others easily.
- Skype Minutes: The plan also includes 60 minutes of Skype calling per month. You can use Skype to make calls to landlines and mobile phones around the world, as well as to conduct video conferences and send instant messages.
- Regular Updates and Upgrades: With the Office 365 Home Plan, you always have access to the latest features and updates for the Office applications. As long as your subscription is active, you will automatically receive any new features or improvements that Microsoft releases.
The Office 365 Home Plan is a cost-effective solution for families and households who need multiple licenses and want to maximize their productivity. Whether you need to create documents, analyze data, create presentations, or manage your emails and contacts, this plan provides the tools you need to get the job done efficiently.
Office 365 Business Premium Plan
The Office 365 Business Premium plan is designed for small and medium-sized businesses that want a comprehensive productivity suite with advanced features. With this plan, you get access to all the essential Microsoft Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as additional services and applications to enhance collaboration and productivity.
The Office 365 Business Premium plan includes the following key features:
- Office apps: Access to the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook for desktop and mobile devices.
- Exchange Online: Business-class email hosting with a 50 GB mailbox per user and a custom domain email address.
- OneDrive for Business: Secure online storage for files with 1 TB of storage per user.
- SharePoint Online: Collaborative platform for creating and managing team sites and intranet portals.
- Microsoft Teams: Chat-based workspace for team collaboration, including file sharing, online meetings, and integration with other Office 365 services.
- Yammer: Enterprise social network for communication and collaboration within an organization.
- Microsoft Planner: Task management tool for organizing and assigning tasks within teams.
- Microsoft Bookings: Online scheduling and appointment booking tool for small businesses.
Comparison with other plans
When comparing the Office 365 Business Premium plan with other plans, it is important to consider your specific business needs. The Business Premium plan offers a great balance of essential Office apps, communication tools, and collaboration services. It includes more features compared to the Office 365 Business plan and is more cost-effective than the more advanced Enterprise plans.
However, if your business requires advanced security and compliance features, or if you need additional business intelligence and analytics capabilities, you may want to consider one of the Enterprise plans.
In conclusion, the Office 365 Business Premium plan is an excellent choice for small and medium-sized businesses that need a comprehensive productivity suite with advanced collaboration features. It offers a wide range of tools and services to help teams work better together and increase productivity.
Office 365 E1 Plan
The Office 365 E1 plan is a popular choice for businesses looking to take advantage of the features and benefits of O365. This plan offers a range of tools and applications designed to enhance productivity and collaboration within the workplace.
One of the key features of the O365 E1 plan is access to the online versions of the Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. This means that users can create, edit, and share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and emails all within their web browser.
In addition, the E1 plan includes 1 TB of OneDrive for Business storage per user, allowing for easy file storage and sharing. This can be particularly useful for teams working on projects together, as it provides a centralized location for all relevant files and documents.
Another advantage of the E1 plan is the inclusion of Microsoft Teams, a powerful communication and collaboration tool. Teams allows users to chat, video conference, and share files with colleagues, making it easy to collaborate on projects and stay connected, no matter where team members are located.
The E1 plan also includes a host of other useful features, such as SharePoint Online, Yammer, and Planner. SharePoint Online provides a secure location for storing and organizing documents, while Yammer allows for social networking within the organization. Planner is a project management tool that helps teams stay organized and track progress on tasks and projects.
Overall, the Office 365 E1 plan offers a comprehensive suite of tools and applications to enhance productivity and collaboration within businesses. With features such as online Office applications, OneDrive for Business storage, Microsoft Teams, and more, this plan is an excellent choice for organizations looking to boost efficiency and streamline their workflows with o365.
Office 365 E3 Plan
The Office 365 E3 Plan is one of the comprehensive plans offered by Microsoft that combines multiple features to enhance productivity and collaboration in the workplace.
- Access to all the core Office apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, both online and offline.
- Advanced security and compliance features to protect sensitive data and meet regulatory requirements.
- Enterprise-level email hosting with a 100 GB mailbox per user and the ability to send attachments up to 150 MB.
- Advanced threat protection to safeguard against malware, viruses, and spam.
- Enterprise collaboration tools, including SharePoint for document management and team sites, and Microsoft Teams for efficient communication and teamwork.
- Cloud storage and file sharing with 1 TB of OneDrive for Business storage per user.
- Audio and video conferencing with Skype for Business.
- Enterprise-level analytics and reporting capabilities.
The Office 365 E3 Plan is suitable for mid-sized to large organizations that require a robust set of productivity tools, advanced security features, and collaboration capabilities. It is a cost-effective solution that offers a wide range of features to improve efficiency and streamline workflows.
Office 365 E5 Plan
The Office 365 E5 plan is one of the most comprehensive plans available in the o365 suite. It is designed for organizations that require advanced security and compliance features, as well as advanced analytics and voice capabilities.
Here are some key features of the Office 365 E5 plan:
|Security and Compliance:
|The E5 plan includes advanced security features such as threat intelligence, advanced threat protection, and data loss prevention. It also offers compliance capabilities such as eDiscovery and archiving.
|With the E5 plan, organizations can take advantage of advanced analytics tools such as Power BI Pro and Delve Analytics. These tools help businesses gain insights from their data and make data-driven decisions.
|The E5 plan includes Skype for Business Cloud PBX, which allows organizations to replace their traditional phone systems with a cloud-based voice solution. It also includes PSTN Conferencing, allowing users to join meetings from a telephone line.
|Like other plans in the o365 suite, the E5 plan includes popular collaboration tools such as SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams. These tools enable employees to work together more efficiently and effectively.
|The E5 plan includes access to the full suite of Office desktop apps, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Users can install these apps on up to five devices, ensuring they have the tools they need to be productive.
The Office 365 E5 plan offers organizations a wide range of features and capabilities to enhance their productivity, collaboration, and security. It is an ideal choice for businesses that require advanced functionality and are willing to invest in a comprehensive solution.
Office 365 for Education Plan
Office 365 for Education Plan is a specially tailored version of Microsoft’s productivity suite that is designed for educational institutions, including schools and universities. It offers a wide range of features and tools that are specifically designed to enhance collaboration and productivity in the educational setting.
With Office 365 for Education, students, teachers, and staff members can access a variety of applications and services, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Outlook. These tools allow users to create, edit, and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentations, making it easier for teachers to assign and grade assignments, for students to work together on group projects, and for administrators to manage and organize educational materials.
One of the key benefits of Office 365 for Education is its ability to facilitate remote learning. With the cloud-based nature of the platform, users can access their files and applications from any internet-connected device, allowing for seamless learning both inside and outside of the classroom. This is particularly important in today’s digital age, where remote and online learning are becoming increasingly common.
In addition to the core productivity applications, Office 365 for Education also includes a range of additional services, such as OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business, and SharePoint Online. These services provide further opportunities for collaboration and communication, allowing students and teachers to easily share and store files, have virtual meetings, and create websites and blogs.
Furthermore, Office 365 for Education offers enhanced security and compliance features to ensure that sensitive student and teacher data is protected. The platform includes advanced security measures, such as data encryption, multi-factor authentication, and threat detection, as well as compliance tools to meet industry standards and regulations.
Overall, Office 365 for Education is a comprehensive and powerful solution for educational institutions, providing the necessary tools and features to enhance collaboration, productivity, and remote learning. By leveraging the capabilities of o365, educational institutions can create a modern and effective learning environment for students and teachers alike.
Office 365 Nonprofit Business Essentials Plan
The Office 365 Nonprofit Business Essentials plan is designed specifically for nonprofit organizations. It offers a range of features and benefits to help nonprofits streamline their operations and improve collaboration.
With this plan, nonprofits get access to cloud-based versions of essential Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. They can create, edit, and share documents anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
In addition to the Office applications, the Office 365 Nonprofit Business Essentials plan also includes various communication and collaboration tools. Nonprofits can use Exchange Online to manage their email, contacts, and calendars. Skype for Business allows them to hold online meetings and make video calls. SharePoint Online enables them to create team sites for document sharing and collaboration.
One of the key benefits of the Office 365 Nonprofit Business Essentials plan is that it provides nonprofits with a professional email domain. This can help build credibility and trust with donors, partners, and stakeholders. Nonprofits also get 50 GB of email storage per user and can send attachments of up to 150 MB.
Another advantage of this plan is the ability to collaborate with external users. Nonprofits can invite volunteers, donors, and other external stakeholders to collaborate on documents and participate in meetings. This improves communication and collaboration between the nonprofit and its supporters.
Overall, the Office 365 Nonprofit Business Essentials plan offers a comprehensive set of tools and features to help nonprofits streamline their operations, improve collaboration, and enhance their online presence.
Please note: The availability and pricing of Office 365 plans may vary depending on the country and region. It is recommended to check the Microsoft website or consult with a reseller for the most up-to-date information.
Office 365 Government Community Plan
The Office 365 Government Community Plan is designed specifically for government organizations. This plan allows government agencies to securely collaborate and communicate while meeting their unique compliance and security requirements.
The o365 Government Community Plan includes all the essential features of Office 365, such as:
- Email and calendar functionality with Exchange Online
- Document storage and collaboration with SharePoint Online
- Real-time collaboration and file sharing with OneDrive for Business
- Virtual meetings and conference calls with Skype for Business
The plan also offers additional security features specifically designed for government organizations, such as:
- Compliance: The o365 Government Community Plan meets various compliance standards, including FedRAMP Moderate and DoD Impact Level 2, ensuring that government agencies can securely store and manage sensitive information.
- Advanced threat protection: With Advanced Threat Protection, government agencies are protected against advanced cyber threats, including malware, viruses, and phishing attacks.
- Data encryption: All data stored in the o365 Government Community Plan is encrypted at rest and in transit, providing an extra layer of security.
Benefits for Government Organizations
The Office 365 Government Community Plan offers several benefits for government organizations, including:
- Cost savings: By opting for the o365 Government Community Plan, government agencies can save on IT infrastructure costs, as all the necessary services and applications are provided through the cloud.
- Increased collaboration: The plan enables government employees to collaborate efficiently on documents, projects, and tasks, regardless of their physical location.
- Enhanced security: With the advanced security features offered by the o365 Government Community Plan, government agencies can ensure the privacy and protection of sensitive information.
- Improved productivity: With tools such as Exchange Online and SharePoint Online, government employees can stay connected, efficiently manage their schedules, and access important documents from anywhere, at any time.
In conclusion, the Office 365 Government Community Plan is a comprehensive solution for government organizations, providing all the necessary tools for secure collaboration and communication.
What is included in the O365 Plans?
The O365 Plans include a range of productivity tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, and OneDrive. They also include cloud storage, email hosting, and collaboration features.
How much does an O365 Plan cost?
The cost of an O365 Plan varies depending on the specific plan and the number of users. The prices range from $5 to $35 per user per month.
What are the differences between the O365 Business and Enterprise plans?
The O365 Business plans are designed for small and medium-sized businesses, while the Enterprise plans are designed for larger organizations. The Enterprise plans offer more advanced features and greater customization options.
Is there a free version of O365 available?
Yes, there is a free version of O365 called Office Online. It offers limited functionality compared to the paid plans, but still includes online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
Can I switch between O365 plans?
Yes, you can switch between O365 plans at any time. However, the availability of certain features may vary depending on the plan you switch to.
What is O365?
O365 stands for Office 365, which is a suite of cloud-based productivity tools developed by Microsoft. It includes popular software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as other collaboration and communication tools.
How much does O365 cost?
The cost of O365 varies depending on the plan you choose and the number of users. The basic plan, O365 Business Basic, starts at $5 per user per month, while the most advanced plan, O365 E5, costs $35 per user per month. There are also discounts available for annual commitment and for nonprofit organizations.
What are some key features of O365?
O365 offers a wide range of features, including access to the latest versions of Microsoft Office software, cloud storage through OneDrive, email hosting with Outlook, and online communication and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams. It also includes security and compliance features, mobile device management, and advanced analytics.